In 2016, Viamede Resort partnered with the Kawartha Land Trust to expand the trail network that runs through and around the property.
The 9 km of trails are arranged into 3 major loops – the blue trails (3.5 km), yellow (2km), and red (3.5km), and are open to hikers, cross country skiiers, snowshoers, dogs and people.
Using a mix of land owned by Viamede Resort, Kawartha Land Trust, and various private land owners, the trails include Canadian Shield, limestone formations (The Chute), wetlands and a beaver dam.
Disc Golf Course
The Peterborough Disc Golf Club built and maintains a challenging disc golf course on the Viamede property running through forest trails.
- All trails are used at your own risk.
- No overnight use, fires, or alcohol are permitted on the trails.
- Dogs are welcome to be off-leash, but please keep them under control – other hikers and neighbouring property owners may not appreciate being approached.
- Please clean up after yourselves, your dogs, children, and husbands.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted.
- Please do not collect any animals or plants from the trails.
- Please help us keep the trails clear – if a branch has fallen on the trails, please move it to the side.
- There are many old trails branching off the coloured loops – at each intersection, please keep an eye on the markers. Please do not stray from the marked trails as some others lead onto private property.