Thinking about working at Viamede? Here’s why we’re awesome!
We’re serious about customer service. At Viamede, it’s all about individuals and there are no scripts. Our staff members are friendly, fun, and passionate about hospitality.
- Generally available on evenings and weekends, including all weekends from Canada Day weekend to Labour Day weekend
- Age 14+ with legal permission to work in Canada
- Reliable transportation to work – this can be a car, boat, or ride from a friend
$18 per hour, full-time May to September
This is a new summer position that is open to 2 naturalists to help amuse, entertain, and delight our guests with the nature around us.
Over the years, we have found that guests have limited interest in participating in a lot of our organized programming, but love more spontaneous foraging tours, salamander searches, or direction on where to paddle. Your job would be to patrol the property, looking for ways to improve the guest experience.
You would fill your days with both planned and spontaneous guest interactions, general property wandering to find trash and organize recreational equipment, helping with the gardens to further natural landscaping, and working on nature-focused projects like building a bat house or planning an artistic display of pressed flowers. Taking pictures of your exploits and writing blog posts would be a welcome addition.
This is a seasonal, full-time role, ideal for students on their summer break. Ideal programs include Ecosystems Management, Environmental Technician, Fish and Wildlife, and similar.
Please apply by email directly to Ben Samann, email@example.com. Have fun!
Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Training housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Overseeing staff performance on a daily basis
- Checking rooms, cottages, and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
We are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to lead our team of room attendants and ensure we provide excellent customer service.
Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training, and motivating team members, and checking private and public areas for tidiness. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Oversee staff on a daily basis
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness, and hygiene standards
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach, and rubber gloves
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas
- Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- High school diploma is a plus
Application deadline: 2021-03-31
Expected start date: 2021-05-01
Job Type: Full-time
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply year-round! Full-time hours are generally available from Canada Day to Labour Day, with part-time hours being available from May to September.
Often, we move staff between areas – a front desk agent may be cross-trained in the Boathouse or as a Shift Supervisor, to fill gaps in their schedule and ours.
Front Desk Agents are responsible for answering phones, greeting guests, and generally coordinating all things resort-y. Skills needed include being friendly, organized, and computer savvy. This role pays $18 per hour.
Boathouse Servers work in our busy dockside Boathouse restaurant. Serving experience isn’t required but is helpful. Skills needed include being able to multitask, very friendly, and customer-service oriented. Please note that Viamede is a tip-free resort. This role pays $18 per hour.
Shift Supervisors are usually on their second or third summer at the resort. This job includes helping and training in all departments, including the front desk, Boathouse, Housekeeping, breakfast service, kids programming, grounds, maintenance, and anything else that comes their way. This position requires exceptional organizational skills and leadership, as well as customer service and an eye for detail. This role pays $18 per hour.
General Resort Staff do a bit of everything, depending on their interests and skills. This is a great entry-level position for countless young Stoney Lakers on summer break and is a stepping stone to other positions. General Resort Staff serve breakfast, clean rooms, run kids’ programming, help in restaurants, and do just about anything else we need. This role pays $14.50-16 per hour.
Cooks and dishwashers help in all areas of the kitchen – the Boathouse, breakfast service, banquets and events. These range from junior dishwashers to senior sous chefs. This role pays $16-18 per hour.
How to Apply
E-mail our General Manager, Ben Samann, at email@example.com, and let him know you were on our website. Please be clear on what role you’re seeking and why you’d like to work at Viamede.