At this time we are choosing to keep the vaccine passport in place after March 1st 2022.
This may change in time, but if you are reading this then yes, all guests staying at the resort will need to show proof of vaccination if eligible.
You can book your stay now without fear – if we have to be closed, obviously, no one will be charged for their stay. We’re also waiving our cancellation policy for anyone who is self-isolating.
If we’re open, below are some contingency plans we’re discussing. Ultimately, we can assure you that you’ll get the core resort experience.
Restaurants are open at this time, but with limitedseating. Here are some of the things we’re doing, which will change as time goes on.
- Cottages all have BBQs, and we have a BBQ patio for guests in rooms to use.
- 1885 will be unable to accommodate guests not staying at the resort. Guests staying at the resort can make a reservation if they please but not necessary. That being said, we’re happy to deliver meals on real plates and real cutlery anywhere on the property within reason for a resort-wide dining experience.
- Mount Julian, our fine dining restaurant is open but does require a reservation. Guests can book a reservation with the front desk staff.
In the interest of social distancing, we will probably need to change group activities and reduce seating in areas like the pool and similar.
- Our fitness center and indoor pool will remain closed until further notice
- Group hikes, wine tastings, and similar are canceled. We will find ways to still offer similar experiences.
- The most popular activities – like self-guided hiking or paddle.
We have spent considerable time discussing our housekeeping guidelines, researching best practices (which don’t really seem to exist yet), and generally pondering the issue of keeping staff and guests safe during a pandemic. With many infections being fully asymptomatic, there is no way to easily identify higher risk staff or guests, and so our policies are built around the idea that anyone could be a carrier. We want sensible policies in line with science, which means that no simple test will tell us whether someone is infected.
Room/Cottage Cleaning Between Guests
When guests check out of their rooms, we have always employed a 4 step process, which is being refined for the ongoing pandemic.
- Stripping the room includes a properly outfitted housekeeper removing all dirty linens, garbage, and other soiled items from the room and spraying all hard surfaces with a sanitizing spray
- Dropping of new supplies means placing clean towels, sheets, and other supplies into the room along with another check for remaining soiled items.
- Cleaning involves wiping down surfaces with the correct cleaning product, vacuuming the floors, making the beds, and other steps in readying the room for the next guest.
- Inspection is done by one of our supervisors and includes a last check of the room on the day of arrival. This will include spraying down high-contact surfaces like door handles and light switches with an evaporating sanitizer, leaving some watermarks.
We do our best to be ready for your arrival by 3 pm, but this year, we will need to prioritize proper procedures, staff shortages due to quarantine, and other issues, and ask for your understanding.
During Your Stay
Daily housekeeping service can be provided by request only. We are also happy to provide fresh sheets, towels and other amenities in a bag at your door if you prefer.
We can also to provide sanitizing spray for your own use while on site if you please.
We also ask guests to wear a mask anytime social distancing cannot be maintained and if asked to by a staff member. We ask for patience and understanding as we balance the safety of everyone with the great experience of a resort escape.
Much of your time at Viamede will be spent outdoors, and with the amount of space we have, social distancing and general sanitation will be much smaller concerns. There are plenty of other germs outside that you should be careful of what you touch anyway, so we advise you to wash your hands frequently.
All indoor spaces and amenities we will closed at this time.