Blow the dust off the ol’ fishin’ pole and refresh your skills with us, June 4-8.
For countless Canadians, fishing means having an old fishing rod and tackle box somewhere in the shed or garage that gets pulled out every few years for a weekend with friends, beer, and bathing a worm or a minnow while forgetting that you’re really not sure how to land a fish.
If that’s you, you’re really missing out. Canadian lakes boast some of the world’s best fishing, with hugely varied options, from fly fishing for half pound brook trout to casting half pound lures at 60 inch muskie, dropping worms off the dock at sunfish or casting corn at wary carp as they cruise the shallows. The options are endless.
Give us 4 days, and resident fishing guy / General Manager Ben Samann will change the way you see fishing. Learn why your choice of rod and line matter, practice casting flies at sunfish off the dock, and train your arm to throw muskie lures with a baitcaster.
- Monday: Arrival and a session on fishing tackle – experience why line weight matters, learn how to set your drag and why, and play with different rods and reels.
- Tuesday: Head to the water with fly rods to practice casting at sunfish. Learn to take fish off the hook, and the basics of being prepared.
- Wednesday: In the UK, carp fishing is one of the most popular types of fishing. In Canada, this species is widely ignored despite being plentiful and invasive. Learn how we bait our carp and the complications of setting up for success.
- Thursday: Bait casting for muskie, “the fish of 10 000 casts” – we’re going to head out on the lake by boat exploring some great muskie spots. Bait casting rods are the best for big game.
- Friday: The day to play. Borrow any of the tackle and head out on your own. Enjoy the whole day on the water, even after check out.
- Fishing Academy happens June 4-8, 2018
- Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner each day.
Lunch consists of one item from our lunch menu, dinner is one entree plus an appetizer or dessert, per person. Kids under 12 select from the kids’ menu.
- Space is limited, so book early. Spouses, partners, and others are welcome to join you for the week without participating in the course.
This package can not be booked online – please call or email us to book!
|Guestoom||1 Bedroom Cottage||2 Bedroom Cottage||3 Bedroom Cottage|
|Rate (total for 4 nights)||$ 1399||$ 1639||$ 2359||$ 3079|
|Max Number of Guests||2||2||4||6|
All our packages always include:
- Viamede’s signature breakfast
- Our full recreation program
- Free parking and Wifi
- Deluxe room amenities
- All service charges, resort fees, marketing fees, and other charges are included in your room rate. Just add the tax.