So, you’re planning an event.
Picking your venue is a big decision, but it’s only the first step of many. Our team will make this first step the easiest and most transparent – no red tape, no hidden costs, and no policies that get in the way of you doing your thing.
For us, meetings are all about you – how can we make the process simple and painless? And, once you’re here, of course you’ll enjoy naturally-lit meeting rooms, delicious food, great activities, and incredibly friendly staff, all less than 2 hours from Toronto on easy-driving roads.
- Capacity – we have 28 rooms and 18 cottages, with a total capacity of between 60 and 160 (depending on who’s sharing a bed with whom). Meeting rooms range from seating 10 to 100.
- We want you to get nothing done – our team will take you foraging, show you how to use a compass (then tell you to get lost), take you kayaking, or teach you how to play disc golf. We’ll even lend you an assortment of dogs to take on your hikes.
- We love food. Really. We really really do. We have a small on-site farm, grow our own herbs and some veggies year round, and know most of our local farmers. Our meals are always fresh, local, and fun. And we’re not just saying that.
What makes us different
- One simple price, perfectly transparent. See below for our pricing chart, with no hidden fees.
- Simplicity simplified. We plan meetings all day every day, and can help you get all the details done in about 20 minutes, letting you focus on herding your (cats) guests.
- Attrition policies. We don’t worry too much about narrowing down your numbers months in advance.
- It’s all fun and games. All our activities are available to your guests, and we’re happy to work with you on team-building and organized fun.
- Simple meals. You don’t need to pour over menus in advance – our chefs can put together menus for you based on the freshest ingredients in the days leading up to your meeting. We’ll take into account the meal style you’d like, allergies, and the weather to make sure your guests make it back to the meeting full and happy.
What’s included in our meeting package
- Everything, mostly
- Overnight accommodations
- Meal plan, with dinner, breakfast and lunch
- Meeting room, including break out rooms as needed
- Basic audio visual, like a projector, screen, and computer speakers
- All the activities, including guided activities like team-building and guided hikes
- All the service fees, resort fees, marketing fees, tips, tricks, and donations you can imagine
- Just add alcohol and the tax
We like to make things simple and transparent. We’d love to send you a quote, but honestly, you can probably do the math yourself.
|Season||Single Occupancy Package||Double Occupancy (Per Person) Package|
|November – April||$235||$175|
|May & June||$280||$195|
|July & August||$315||$215|
|September & October||$280||$195|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if your dates are available.
Useful stuff to help convince your boss
A PowerPoint showing how we’re the best retreat location ever!
A sample contract (in plain English, without tiny text).
A sample event sheet, which keeps you and our team in the loop on how the day is going to play out.
A sample invoice – yep, again it’s really simple. And clear. And without surprises.
A common reaction from experienced meeting planners seems to be to try to find our super secret hidden costs. To date, there have yet to be any found, but some of our favourite questions have been:
- “Is there a cost to hike the trails?” (No.)
- “Is there a charge to change computers hooked up to the projector?” (…No?)
- “You advertise bonfires. Is there a cost to have one for our group?” (No.)
- “When you say all day coffee, what do you mean?” (That we have a coffee station set up all day, based on your schedule, with unlimited coffee for your attendees.)
- “Are there extra charges for vegetarian meals?” (No.)
- “We want to do an afternoon break out session, but if it’s nice, we want people to do it outside. What would be the cost for that?” (Just wear and tear on the rocks.)
- “When you say you have no resort fees, what about service or marketing fees?” (A fee by any other name would smell as bitter. We don’t add an arbitrary percent just because we can. We’ve gone tip free, and all staff are paid well based on that.)