Welcome to meetings with a Boldly Different spin.
It all ends with the meeting, of course – naturally-lit meeting rooms, delicious food, great activities, and incredibly friendly staff, and less than 2 hours from Toronto on easy-driving roads.
But the beginning is just as important – planning this meeting will be Boldly Different.
When you call us, you’ll be talking to people with years of experience on your side of conferences – people who know what it’s like to muddle through policies and proposals. There’s no incentives to “improve RevPAR through increased conversion of TDX valuation upsells,” whatever that even means.
Here’s a sampling of our policies:
- Additional Fees: Probably not, no.
- Attrition: Let us know in advance if it’s down a few, please.
- Service and resort fees: Isn’t that what your package is? A fee for service and resort?
- Rooming lists: Yes, we need one.
- Audio Visual equipment: If we have it, you can use it.
- Recreation: Please do!
For us, meetings are about you – how can we make the whole process as simple and painless as possible?
Most meetings are booked on our package, which includes just about anything you need:
- Overnight accommodation in rooms or cottages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, 2 snack breaks, and all-day coffee service
- Meeting rooms with natural light, easy access to outside, basic A/V, and WiFi
- All the other charges you get surprised with elsewhere – resort fees, service charges, amenity fees, parking… it’s all in there.
- The only add-on charges we know of are alcohol, substantial upgrades to food or team building, plus tax of course.
|Season||Single Occupancy Package||Double Occupancy (Per Person) Package|
|November – April||$250||$190|
|May & June||$300||$220|
|July & August||$340||$240|
|September & October||$300||$220|
Then, start planning meals – no, wait, we can do that. Our Chef’s Choice option lets our team select unique and interesting options that fit your schedule, with everything from a lakeside BBQ dinner to a working buffet lunch for those longer days. This lets you spend as much or as little time planning out meals as you want.
Even team-building can be easy – our team can set up a variety of events, from guided hikes and paddles to bonfires with s’mores or scavenger hunts, all included in your package.
If you’re looking for something more intense, for an extra charge (but still no extra work), our famous Viamede Regatta can pit your otherwise friendly staff against each other in a race of water, cardboard, and duct tape, followed by a soothing nature hike, led by a local naturalist (and probably HR, depending on the results of the regatta).
Then, to the simplest part of all – the invoice. In most cases, you can just take the numbers from the above chart, multiply by the number of people and add tax.
Accommodations & Facilities
Your group will sleep well with a choice of renovated guest rooms and cottages, but the real magic happens everywhere else at Viamede Resort. If you need traditional meeting rooms, ours are naturally lit and have all the modern A/V equipment and internet access you could want. If out of the box thinking is what you’re after, our indoor and outdoor space can be configured into breakout space for smaller sessions or team-building activities.
When it is time to eat, our culinary team will keep you nourished and energized with:
- coffee and snack breaks
- buffet or plated meals in our private dining room
- casual dining in The Boathouse restaurant
- five, seven, and nine-course meals or tasting menus at Mount Julian
At the end of the day, Viamede Resort will allow your team to relax and get to know one another a little better. Relax and listen to the loons with an evening paddle or enjoy a workout in our new state-of-the-art fitness centre. Don’t forget your sunglasses! …or your laptop.
Need a nifty PowerPoint presentation to convince management that Viamede Resort is the best retreat location ever? Here you go!
Planning meetings isn’t as complicated as it seems. Our contracts are plain English, and from the day you sign, you get an “event sheet,” to start planning your event. This can be changed at any time, but it keeps everyone on the same course.
Even our invoices are simple – since your meeting room, meals, A/V, hotel rooms, and almost everything else are all included in one package, you really only need to add tax.
A common reaction from experienced meeting planners seems to be to try to find our super secret hidden costs. To date, there have yet to be any found, but some of our favourite questions have been:
- “Is there a cost to hike the trails?” (No.)
- “Is there a charge to change computers hooked up to the projector?” (…No?)
- “You advertise bonfires. Is there a cost to have one for our group?” (No.)
- “When you say all day coffee, what do you mean?” (That we have a coffee station set up all day, based on your schedule, with unlimited coffee for your attendees.)
- “Are there extra charges for vegetarian meals?” (No.)
- “We want to do an afternoon break out session, but if it’s nice, we want people to do it outside. What would be the cost for that?” (Just wear and tear on the rocks.)
- “When you say you have no resort fees, what about service or marketing fees?” (A fee by any other name would smell as bitter. We don’t add an arbitrary percent just because we can. We’ve gone tip free, and all staff are paid well based on that.)