Book with Confidence.
In these unsettled times, we are committed to putting you and your peace of mind first. Contact us to learn more about our flexibility for corporate events.
Meetings for a Post-COVID world
As Ontario reopens, we see a new reality in the corporate landscape. Working from home, Zoom meetings, and kids eating ice cream in the background as you talk your boss through the monthly reports. We need to get creative to bring the team together less often, but closer.
Get closer, farther apart, less often, and more.
Working from home gets dull, but people need to work together sometimes. We’re proud to introduce a way to do exactly that. Bring your team for 2 days, 1 night of togetherness where they can talk freely while paddling Stoney Lake, play a game of horseshoes, or fish from the dock or a boat. We’ll provide a meeting room for snacks and the occasional more formal session, but mostly, let’s be honest, your people just want to connect.
Our nightly package is based on one guest per room.
- 3 meals (dinner, breakfast and lunch) based on our Whole Hog philosophy
- Access to the canoes, stand up paddleboards, and hiking trails and all other recreation amenities
- A meeting room that suits your needs with all A/V equipment and all day coffee and snacks
- A hands on/off approach to meetings – we’re always here for whatever you need, but only when you need it
- $280 per person, per night, plus HST.
How we’re adapting to COVID:
- Take a look here at our ongoing precautions for all guests.
- If you have to cancel your event due to COVID, we will work with you to reschedule at your convenience.
- We’ll give you exclusive use of the resort, if you book before others do, for groups of 30 and up.
- We will work with you to find the meeting room that does what you need it to do, using lower occupancy, plexiglass shields between attendees, social distancing, and other precautions you need taken.
Experience the best of Ontario’s conference resorts. For us, meetings are all about you – how can we make the process simple and painless? And, once you’re here, of course you’ll enjoy naturally-lit meeting rooms, delicious food, great activities, and incredibly friendly staff, all less than 2 hours from Toronto on easy-driving roads.
When restrictions lift fully, everything below this point will apply once more.
We have 28 rooms and 18 cottages, with a total capacity of between 60 and 160 (depending on who’s sharing a bed with whom). Meeting rooms range from seating 10 to 100.
We can help you get nothing done: our team will take you foraging, show you how to use a compass (then tell you to get lost), take you kayaking, or teach you how to play disc golf. We’ll even lend you an assortment of dogs to take on your hikes.
We love food. Really. We really really do. We have a small on-site farm, grow our own herbs and some veggies year round, and know most of our local farmers. Our meals are always fresh, local, and fun. And we’re not just saying that.
We like to make things straightforward and transparent. We’d love to send you a quote, but honestly, you can probably do the math yourself.
|Season||Single Occupancy Package||Double Occupancy (Per Person) Package|
|November – April||$235||$175|
|May & June||$280||$195|
|July & August||$400||$260|
|September & October||$280||$195|
- Overnight accommodations
- Fantastic food, with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks (dietary needs can be accommodated)
- All day coffee & tea station
- Meeting room, including breakout rooms as needed
- Basic audio visual, like a projector, screen, and computer speakers
- All the activities, including things like team-building and guided hikes
- All the service fees, resort fees, marketing fees, tips, tricks, and donations you can imagine
- Just add alcohol and the tax
If you really want that feeling that you have the place to yourself, you can reserve the whole resort, just for you. This includes all of our accommodations, activities, and the undivided attention of our staff. Don’t worry too much about sending a rooming list – just stay below the fire code in each room, and do as you wish.
|November – April||$6000||$6000||120||$115|
|May & June, September & October||$10000||$8000||160||$115|
|July & August||N/A||N/A|
Inclusions, exclusions, and other details:
- This is a nightly rate, and 2 night minimums apply on weekends
- This is only available if there are no other bookings at the time of the contract being signed – we can’t kick out other guests who have already booked.
- The price is for booking all accommodations – you can book this for 20 people and give everyone 2 rooms, or for 100 and assign rooms however you want.
- Meals are priced per person, per night, as per the package above.
- All other inclusions and exclusions are as per our our normal meeting package.
Food & Drink
As you’ve noticed, we like to make things easy on you, and so we encourage you to go with “Chef’s Choice” meals. This means that we look at your agenda, dietary restrictions, and the weather, and make a seasonal meal based on the ingredients available at the time. This cuts down on your time spent managing dietary restrictions and poring over menus, and lets you focus on planning the rest of the meeting.
Here are some examples of menus we routinely serve:
Breakfast is served buffet style, with a full selection of bacon, sausage, waffles/pancakes, toast and cereal, fresh sliced fruit, and more.
- BBQ served on our lakeside patio, including Viamede-raised pork sausages, hamburgers, pasta salad, and apple pie with ice cream for dessert
- Working lunch with premium sandwiches, selection of salads, home made chip selection and cheesecake for dessert
- Hot buffet served in 1885 with garden salad, fresh-baked rolls, butter chicken and rice and fresh cookies (you can take these back to the meeting room to snack on)
- Pack your own picnic lunch to add flexibility for afternoon activities
- Tex Mex night! Tequila sunrises and nachos to start, tacos and fajitas, and fresh churros with vanilla ice cream for dessert. We can even get you a piñata.
- Cocktail-style dinner with food stations open all night – great for a casual evening when people are arriving
- Hot buffet with Caesar salad, home made bread loaves, Viamede-raised pork roast, mashed potatoes and grilled veggies, and a selection of cakes for dessert
- Pub night – family style platters of deep-fried goodies, nachos, Caesar salad, and bread pudding for dessert
- Mount Julian tasting menu – for groups up to 12 people, plan a 5-course dinner at our tasting menu only restaurant, featuring foraged and farmed ingredients and fantastic wine pairings. Extra charges apply
Snack breaks are designed for that perfect boost in the morning or afternoon, and are meant to stay fresh in the meeting room for a few hours.
- Muffins and fresh fruit
- Yoghurt parfait
- Fresh baked cookies and whole fruit
- Selection of home made chips and dip
We’re always happy to work with you on special requests, like making the CEO’s grandmother’s gnocchi recipe, or if you’d like to have specific themes.
Why We’re Different
- We’re small. Big enough to have everything you need, but small enough that you’re our main focus.
- One simple price, perfectly transparent. There are no hidden fees.
- Simplicity simplified. We plan meetings all day every day, and can help you get all the details done in about 20 minutes, letting you focus on herding your (cats) guests.
- Attrition policies. We don’t worry too much about narrowing down your numbers months in advance.
- It’s all fun and games. All our activities are available to your guests, and we’re happy to work with you on team-building and organized fun.
- Simple meals. You don’t need to pore over menus in advance – our chefs can put together menus for you based on the freshest ingredients in the days leading up to your meeting. We’ll take into account the meal style you’d like, allergies, and the weather to make sure your guests make it back to the meeting full and happy.
Other fun ideas:
- Give your team an afternoon off to breathe – they’ll go kayaking, hike, or just relax by the lake while you plan the next session.
- We can host a wine tasting featuring the wines of Ontario or a bread making class.
- Run a photo contest or other competition and we’ll chip in some prizes.
- We can bring in a naturalist to host an in-depth nature hike.
- We’ll host pub trivia, and yes, we take bribes.
Useful stuff to help convince your boss
- A PowerPoint showing how we’re the best retreat location ever!
- A sample contract (in plain English, without tiny text).
- A sample event sheet, which keeps you and our team in the loop on how the day is going to play out.
- A sample invoice – yep, again it’s really simple. And clear. And without surprises.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-461-1946 for more information, dates & availability, or to arrange a site tour.