Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to the excitement of planning a once in a lifetime event.
At Viamede, we keep our approach very simple, so you can have your wedding the way you want. Our pricing is packaged, but the content is open ended – we’ve hosted everything from an intimate dinner for 6 served on a candle-lit island to a wedding of 80 wearing “formal swimwear.” Your unusual requests and big ideas are welcomed with open arms.
Most importantly, when you get married at Viamede, it’s all about you – we only host one wedding per weekend, and the ceremony site is yours for the whole day. We’ll be here when a guest spontaneously decides to be vegan, with some safety pins when your dress needs a spontaneous hem, and even when you just need a hug.
Ready to take the leap together? Send us an email at email@example.com and we’d love to chat!
Here comes the simplicity – a wedding at Viamede costs $150 per person, plus a $2000 resort fee, plus 13% HST. No service fees, no gratuities, no extra charges for cutting a cake.
Usually, this includes the following:
- 4-course dinner /or/ buffet with carving station /or/ Viamede raised Tamworth hog roasted whole /or/ (insert other very silly idea)
- Ontario wine with dinner
- Ceremony site, including basic setup
- All the planning help you need, including a tasting, meetings with our staff, and the proven experience of our team (including the famous Clea Charette, who actually got married at Viamede in 2017)
- All the little stuff – suddenly need a projector and screen or forgot a vase? Need someone to help move the full-sized marble sculpture of your horse? It’s included.
You may want to factor in a few extra costs: open bar, overnight accommodations (usually paid by the guests themselves), extraordinary efforts by our team (usually around 4 extra hours of time spent)… that’s about it, really.
The ceremony is both the most important part of your day and the most formal (or not… whatever you prefer). Viamede will do what we can to make yours memorable. Most weddings are held in our historic chapel or at our waterfront pergola, but we always love new ideas – getting married under our expansive 100 year old Oak Tree, in the middle of the woods, or on the ice in February – and will help you make it a reality.
We take food very seriously at Viamede, and hope you do too. There’s no reason to keep things boring, so let us help you make this the best meal you’ve ever had.
A lot of our food is raised on our farm, foraged in our forest, or comes from local farmers we know well. We love to highlight these ingredients, lending an incredibly local theme to your meal.
So if you’ve seen too many menus with roast beef and potatoes, here are some Boldly Different ideas to inspire you:
- Roasted pig raised on the Viamede property, cooked for 15 hours over charcoal, served with all the classic dishes for a Southern pig roast
- Family style service – a wedding is a gathering of close friends, so why not serve dinner like you would at home? We’ll bring out big platters to share, and won’t stop until everyone’s full.
- Cocktail reception – Let your guests mingle all night with food stations, with Viamede staff doing exciting things like carving a roast, flambeing Niagara peaches, and talking about our food.
- A midnight buffet to balance out the booze, with poutine, pizza, and, for the health nuts, fresh fruit skewers.
Whatever you’re thinking, we’ll work with you to make sure that your meal can be exceptional, unique, and within the package’s pricing.
Many couples need help sourcing other services, like DJs, photographers, officiants, and cakes. We have a list of some we like, but generally don’t get involved. For smaller weddings, many couples use Spotify in lieu of a DJ, or have a friend bring cupcakes instead of an elaborate cake.
We want to be open about things from the start, so here’s a list of prices for the most common items needed. Please remember that there are no service charges/gratuities, only HST.
- Cost per guest: $150
- Facility Fee: $2000
- Hotel accommodations (usually paid by the guests): $179-$249 per night, based on 2 nights, including breakfast and access to all resort activities
- Open bar: $7.50 for standard liquor/domestic beer
- Wine: $45 per bottle
- We are always happy to order something special, like that scotch Uncle Jim drinks or the groom’s favourite beer. Please ask us about pricing.
- Hourly labour: $25 per hour, if needed. Most setup, minor decor assistance, and smaller tasks are already included in our basic package.
- …I’m not sure what else we’d be charging for. Have a question? Ask us!
The Fine-ish Print
We’re not a fan of nickles & dimes, surprises, or a lot of rules, so here’s a list of things you need to know:
- Dates: we don’t hold weddings between Canada Day weekend and Labour Day weekend, nor on long weekends throughout the year.
- Guest capacity: We specialize in small and medium size weddings. 80 is our favourite number, and we cannot go over 100. If you wanna go really small, Mount Julian restaurant is amazing for an ultra-private wedding up to 20 people.
- Liquor laws: We follow ’em. This means we may need to cut guests off, guests can’t wander around the property with liquor, and they can’t bring their own into the dining room.
- Hotel rooms: Due to noise issues, we do require wedding guests to book all 12 rooms in the main building, and all rooms need to be booked for 2 nights. Rates range from $179 – $249, depending on the time of year.
- Billing: We require a deposit of $1000 to hold a date, and 25% of the expected wedding bill 6 months and 3 months before the wedding. All deposits are non-refundable and have to be paid by cheque or e-transfer (no credit cards).
- End of event: the bar will close at 12:30, and guests need to be in bed by 1 am out of respect for our other guests (we didn’t say you have to be asleep, though).
Still reading? Congrats, you’re as detail oriented as we are! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk about your dreams, ideas, and dates, of course.