Book with Confidence.
In these unsettled times, we are committed to putting you and your peace of mind first. Contact us to learn more about our flexibility for weddings.
Congratulations on your engagement!
Choosing a wedding venue is a big decision. You have your very own unique vision for your wedding, and the venue plays an important role in your look, feel and theme.
Getting married at Viamede means gathering your friends and family for a full weekend of Ontario cottage memories – start with a Friday dinner, carry on with volleyball for everyone on Saturday morning, and end Sunday with a brunch to say goodbye.
At Viamede Resort, we want your uniqueness to shine and we want to help make your wedding vision a reality. Whatever you’re dreaming of, Viamede is Your Personal Wedding Venue. Whether you want an outdoor wedding by the lake under a floral-lined gazebo or in our historic, rustic chapel, we will work with you to bring your dream to life.
Viamede specializes in the unique, the fun, and the personal. We have couples who let Chef dream up a surprise menu, and others who ask Chef to make their grandmother’s apple pie recipe for dessert. Some want cozy and intimate, and others want tequila served with dinner. Some want Viamede-raised whole hog, slow roasted over charcoal and maple chips, and others want a formal plated dinner. We’ve had live bands, Spotify playlists, and DJs, tuxedos with flip flops, Hawaiian themed weddings, and everything in between. And we loved them all.
- Nickels and dimes are included. Seriously. $250 per person, and it includes, well, everything – food, bar, wine, resort fees, service charges, you name it. Just add the tax.
- It’s about you. How casual do you want this? We’ve seen everything from tuxedoes and swimwear, 5 course dinners and buffets, 100 person games of kickball and everything else. It’s your wedding, not ours.
- Capacity: up to 80 comfortably, up to 100 with a cozy setup, any more gets a bit crowded.
- Accommodations: 12 rooms in the main building need to be booked by your guests, more are available. All rooms have a 2-night minimum. Or, book all accommodations for the weekend and really own the resort
- It’s the full resort experience for your guests – all the activities, from the kayaks to Toby, the resort dog, are included.
- Availability: We don’t book any weddings between Canada Day and Labour Day, nor on long weekends. Email us for available dates
- Winter weddings are available, and we can work with you on pricing and packages.
What makes us different?
- It’s soooooo simple. We include just about everything at the venue, and have pre-selected vendors and packages for you to choose from.
- We take food seriously. Truly. We can include food from our farm, foraged ingredients, and interesting ingredients from the region. Whatever you choose, it will be delicious.
- We can build your wedding menu from scratch to your tastes, or make some basic decisions for you.
- We only book one wedding per weekend, so expect our full attention.
- You need a vase on the day of your wedding? Forgot to tell us about the projector you need? Last minute vegans? We’re on it, and there’s no charge.
- Honestly, pretty much everything you need from the venue.
- Your ceremony site on the day of the wedding
- A 4-course dinner of your choice – send us your grandmother’s tomato soup recipe, or talk to our team to get inspired
- The bar before and after dinner, wine with dinner, and a specialty cocktail of your choice (please remember that we are obligated to follow the liquor laws and responsible service)
- Basic room setup, including white table linens, chairs, tables, and everything else you need
- Basic floral arrangements and candles for each table
- Service charges, tips, gratuities, facility fees and other expenses
- Vendors, including DJ, photography, cake, and similar (although we’ll work with you to keep things simple, if that’s what you’re looking for)
- Uhhhhhhh….. I think that’s it?
- Our famous Market Cart will be used for a Lucullan pre-dinner display of Ontario cheeses, cured meats, house made pickles, local vegetables and other treats
- Dinner is served with fresh, house-baked Brioche and seasonal house-whipped butter (vegan and gluten free options available)
- A soup, salad, and main course that are customized to your wishes – bring us your Nonna’s recipe for gnocchi or a bushel of home-grown carrots for soup, and we’ll indulge you.
- Our signature dessert buffet includes home-made pies and pastries, fresh fruit, Ontario cheeses, and our much-acclaimed Naked Berry Cake (suitable for cake cutting pictures, if you so desire)
We require our wedding couples to book the rooms in the main building (12 rooms), and all accommodations are on a 2-night minimum. Alternately, you can book exclusive use of the resort for the weekend, which includes all rooms and cottages for 2 nights.
|Room Type||Quantity (Winter)||Price Spring/fall||Price Nov-Apr||# Included||# Capacity||Notes|
|Hotel Rooms||24||$239||$179||2||2-4||Mix of 1 king or 2 double beds|
|1 Bedroom Cottages||8 (2)||$309||$259||2||2-4|
|2 Bedroom Cottages||8 (3)||$389||$339||4||4-6|
|3 Bedroom Cottages||2(2)||$469||$419||6||8|
|Exclusive Use (2 nights)||$19000||$13000|
Exclusive Use Package
This is a great option to allow you to really make the wedding your own. Book all the accommodations for the weekend, and you have the place to yourselves.
- Start decorating on Friday, and don’t worry about cleaning up until Sunday.
- Assign rooms and prices however, and whenever, you want – you know you have all the rooms anyway.
- It’s about a 20% discount, which you can pass along to your guests or offset wedding costs.
Between the DJ, band, photographer and flowers, there are a lot of moving parts. We’ve tried to simplify this by partnering with people we like to work with, and setting up simple prices with each of them. This means that you can easily understand what’s included and rest easy knowing everyone on your team has worked together before.ContactWant to chat? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk about your dreams, ideas, and dates, of course.