Congratulations on your engagement!
Choosing a wedding venue is a big decision. You have your very own unique vision for your wedding, and the venue plays an important role in your look, feel and theme.
Getting married at Viamede means gathering your friends and family for a full weekend of Ontario cottage memories – start with a Friday dinner, carry on with volleyball for everyone on Saturday morning, and end Sunday with a brunch to say goodbye.
At Viamede Resort, we want your uniqueness to shine and we want to help make your wedding vision a reality. Whatever you’re dreaming of, Viamede is Your Personal Wedding Venue. Whether you want an outdoor wedding by the lake under a floral-lined gazebo or in our historic, rustic chapel, we will work with you to bring your dream to life.
Viamede specializes in the unique, the fun, and the personal. We have couples who let Chef dream up a surprise menu, and others who ask Chef to make their grandmother’s apple pie recipe for dessert. Some want cozy and intimate, and others want tequila served with dinner. Some want Viamede-raised whole hog, slow roasted over charcoal and maple chips, and others want a formal plated dinner. We’ve had live bands, Spotify playlists, and DJs, tuxedos with flip flops, Hawaiian themed weddings, and everything in between. And we loved them all.
- Nickels and dimes are included. Seriously. $250 per person and it includes, well, everything – property, food, bar, wine, resort fees, service charges, you name it. Just add the tax. ($30,000 minimum spend)
- It’s about you. How casual do you want this? We’ve seen everything from tuxedoes and swimwear, 5 course dinners and buffets, 100 person games of kickball and everything else. It’s your wedding, not ours.
- Capacity: up to 80 comfortably, up to 100 with a cozy setup, any more gets a bit crowded.
- Accommodations: We have 28 guests rooms and 14 cottages (excluding the 4 on the Mount Julian side for our returning guests). All these accommodations will be held for your guests!
- It’s the full resort experience for your guests – all the activities, from the kayaks to Toby, the resort dog, are included.
- Availability: We don’t book any weddings between Canada Day and Labour Day, nor on long weekends. Email us for available dates
- Winter weddings are available, and we can work with you on pricing and packages.
What makes us different?
- It’s soooooo simple- we include just about everything at the venue.
- We take food seriously. Truly. We can include food from our farm, foraged ingredients, and interesting ingredients from the region. Whatever you choose, it will be delicious.
- We can build your wedding menu from scratch to your tastes, or make some basic decisions for you.
- We only book one wedding per weekend, so expect our full attention.
- You need a vase on the day of your wedding? Forgot to tell us about the projector you need? Last minute vegans? We’re on it, and there’s no charge.
- Honestly, pretty much everything you need from the venue.
- Your ceremony site on the day of the wedding
- Hors D’ouvres during cocktail hour
- A 4-course dinner of your choice – send us your grandmother’s tomato soup recipe, or talk to our team to get inspired
- Late night snack
- Basic room setup, including white table linens, chairs, tables, and everything else you need
- Wine service with dinner
- Open bar
- Rehearsal Dinner on Friday
- Service charges, tips, gratuities, facility fees and other expenses
- Vendors, including DJ, photography, cake, and similar (although we’ll work with you to keep things simple, if that’s what you’re looking for)
- Uhhhhhhh….. I think that’s it?
- Our famous Market Cart will be used for a Lucullan pre-dinner display of Ontario cheeses, cured meats, house made pickles, local vegetables and other treats
- Dinner is served with fresh, house-baked Brioche and seasonal house-whipped butter (vegan and gluten free options available)
- A soup, salad, and main course that are customized to your wishes – bring us your Nonna’s recipe for gnocchi or a bushel of home-grown carrots for soup, and we’ll indulge you.
- Our signature dessert buffet includes home-made pies and pastries, and fresh fruit.
Accommodations- Nightly rates
|Room Type||Quantity (Winter)||Price Spring/fall||Price Nov-Apr||# Included||# Capacity||Notes|
|Hotel Rooms||24||$270||$215||2||2-4||Mix of 1 king or 2 double beds|
|1 Bedroom Cottages||8 (2)||$370||$310||2||2-4|
|2 Bedroom Cottages||8 (3)||$470||$410||4||4-6|
|3 Bedroom Cottages||2(2)||$560||$500||6||8|