In 2016, Viamede Resort partnered with the Kawartha Land Trust to expand the trail network that runs through and around the property.
The 9 kilometers of trails are arranged into 3 major loops: the blue trails (3.5 km), yellow (2km), and red (3.5km), and are open to hikers, cross country skiers, snowshoers, dogs, and people.
Using a mix of land owned by Viamede Resort, Kawartha Land Trust, and various private landowners, the trails include Canadian Shield, limestone formations (The Chute), wetlands, and a beaver dam.
The Peterborough Disc Golf Club built and maintains a challenging disc golf course on the Viamede property running through forest trails. Read more about the course here.
General Trail Guidelines
- All trails are used at your own risk.
- No overnight use, fires, or alcohol are permitted on the trails.
- The township requires that dogs are kept leashed on the trails.
- Please clean up after yourselves, your dogs, children, and husbands.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted.
- Please do not collect any animals or plants from the trails.
- Please help us keep the trails clear – if a branch has fallen on the trails, please move it to the side.
- There are many old trails branching off the coloured loops – at each intersection, please keep an eye on the markers. Please do not stray from the marked trails as some others lead onto private property.